- They get recognized by the tribe.
- They get some followers.
- They promote what they do.
👉 And it also engages other community members: they want to join the party and have the opportunity for a shoutout.
👉 The most interesting: nobody knows who will be shoutout-ed next time, so people will try to play this lottery over and over and submit more content.
Making shoutouts is free for a brand, so it's one of the best tools in terms of price/value. And I'm really amazed by the tiny amount of companies leveraging this basic tool.
Here are some great examples of systemic shoutout approaches:
- Lululemon is literally full of user-generated content.
- Patagonia is also famous for its community and environment-loving style.
- ASOS hashtag gained 1.4m posts.
Feel free to post your examples of shoutouts from brands.
That's It, Folks!You can get to the Evita Community Scorecard directory.
Would love to discuss this on Twitter.
Feel free to join the free online 2-week mastermind about building cults in business to know more about making vibrant communities.